The “Poultry Development” project was launched in March 2016, through the establishment of a domesticated fattening of chickens in 6 cycles, each of which is for one and a half months to two months. Each course includes approximately 4500-5000 chicks prepared for fattening.
The importance of the project is demonstrated in the comprehensive goals set up as follows:
- Contribute to support food security by supporting the consumption market of chicken meat
- Reduce the price of the chicken market and prevent monopoly
- Provide job opportunities for many poor families
- Gradually transition from humanitarian relief to development
- Contributing to the conservation of livestock in Syria
The project serves working families as it provides employment opportunities for livestock expertise. The population in the region benefits from the products of the project and the reduction of chicken prices in the region.
The project benefits the residents of the region in general and the working families in particular. The total production has so far reached 11 tons of chicken meat, benefiting 4000 families in each feeding cycle and providing work opportunities for 10 families per session.